Amao Zangbu River in Gerze County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 阿毛藏布
English Name: Amao Zangbu River in Gerze County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gerze County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Amao Zangbu River
Located in Ngari region of western China’s Tibet Autonomous Region and also known as “Angon Tibet”, it means “fox river”. The basin is a natural pasture with yaks and Tibetan sheep.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Gerze County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.