Tibet Travel in July
The whole summer is the most popular time for travelling in Tibet. In July, breeze blows gently under the scorching sun, and Tibet is added more mysterious atmosphere under the sunshine. Travel Tibet in July is a good choice.
Tibet Weather Feature in July
Tibet is especially cool in July because of its high altitude, so many domestic and foreign tourists come here to avoid the summer heat and sighsee. Tibet is in the rainy season in July, but it rains a lot at night and clears up during the day. The air is moist and fresh with high oxygen content. Therefore, many tourists will choose to visit Tibet at this time, and the probability of altitude sickness in summer will be slightly less.
Read More: Tibet Travel Weather and Climate in July
What to Wear in Tibet in July
Travel to Tibet in July, the weather is particularly good, neither hot nor cold, is the best time to travel in Tibet. But in July, sunscreen is still the first rule for dressing in Tibet. Remember to bring sunglasses, sunhat, suncream and other sunscreen poducts.
What to Wear in Lhasa in July
The average temperature of July in Lhasa is 10-25℃, which is not much different from that in June. When travelling to Lhasa in July, you can wear short sleeves, but comfortable and breathable long sleeves and trousers are better for sun protection. You also need a thin coat at night. When visiting the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and other religious buildings in Lhasa, try not to wear shorts and short skirts.
What to Wear in Shigatse in July
The average temperature of Shigatse in July is between 10-24℃, neither hot nor cold. Travellers who go to Shigatse from Lhasa in July will visit Yamdrok Lake and Karola Glacier at an elevation of more than 5,000 meters on route and will stay for about half an hour respectively. Therefore, it is suggested that tourists who go to Shigatse from Lhasa should wear long sleeves and trousers for sunscreen and carry coats to avoid the cold brought by the temperature drop.
What to Wear at Everest Base Camp in July
The average temperature at Everest base camp in July was 8-18℃. Down jacket is still required at Everest base camp in July, but if you do not stay at Everest Base Camp for overnight, just stay at Everest base camp for a short time, you do not need down jacket. Hoodie, outdoor jacket and other ordinary coats are enough.
Notes: There are heating facilities in the tents of Everest Base Camp. The camp has a clothing rental service, it doesn’t matter if you forget to carry a down jacket.
What to Wear at Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarova in July
In July, the average temperature in Ngari is 7-20℃. Travelling from Lhasa to Ngari in July, if you want to do Kora, you need to take down jacket to keep warm. If you are just going to visit Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarova, you can bring a windproof coat. Ngari in July is warm under the sunshine, but once the sun goes down, the cold will strike in an instant.
What to Wear at Nagqu Grassland in July
The average temperature of Nagqu Grassland in July is 8-20℃, even in July, you will feel a little cold walking on this road, so cold and wind protection is the main purpose. When going around the Ngari Grand Circle via Nagqu Grassland, you need to pay attention to keep warm, lightweight down jacket is the first choice. Namtso Lake is the representative of the lakes on Nagqu Grassland. Due to the large temperature difference between day and night, you can wear short sleeves during the day, but down jacket after sunset.
What to Do in Tibet in July
July is suitable for long-distance travel in Tibet. After arriving in Lhasa, spending about 3 days in Lhasa adapting to the altitude environment, then going to Everest base camp along the 318 national highway, and then going back to Xinjiang-Tibet highway to Ngari for visitting Mount Kailash, Lake Manasarova and Guge Kingdom, and reaching Shiquanhe Town in Ngari. Passing through Ngari and Nagqu all the way to the east, to enjoy plateau lakes on Nagqu Grassland, then getting back to Lhasa via Namtso Lake. If time permits, you can also tour the Lhasa-Nyingchi-Shannan route.
Things to Do in Lhasa in July
Lhasa is suitable for travel throughout the year. When travelling in Lhasa, the scenic spots that tourists often go are Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street, Norbulingka Palace, Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery and the like.
Notes: Namtso Lake is frozen in Winter, and unfozen in May of the following year. July is one of the best months to visit Namtso Lake.
Best Lhasa Tours
- 4 Days Lhasa Impression Small Group Tour
- 5 Days Lhasa Group Tour with Samye Monastery
- 5 Days Lhasa Small Group Tour with Three Major Monasteries
- 5 Days Lhasa and Yamdrok Lake Small Group Tour
- 6 Days Lhasa and Lake Namtso Small Group Tour
- 8 Days Central Tibet and Namtso Small Group Tour
Things to Do in Shigatse in July
Shigatse tours usually include Mount Everest, Tashilhunpo Monastery, Rongbuk Monastery and other famous attractions in Shigatse. Shigatse is the only way to Everest base camp, as well as Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarova in Ngari. When you are in Shigatse, Tashilhunpo Monastery there is worth a visit. Every year, Tashilhunpo Monastery Festival is held in Shigatse.
Tashilhunpo Thangka Festival
Tashilhunpo Monastery Festival is one of the most important festivals, also known as Buddha Exhibition Festival in Tashilhunpo Monastery, which is possessed of a history of over 500 years and enjoys high popularity among local Tibetans and tourists.
Visiting Mount Everest in July
The weather at Everest base camp in July is relatively good, but there are occasional rainy and foggy days when the full view of the Mount Everest could not be seen. Everest base camp is heavily visited in July, and tent hotels are often full.
Best Mount Everest Tours
- 7 Days Tibet Adventure Tour to Everest Base Camp
- 8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour
- 9 Days Tibet In-depth Tour from Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
- 10 Days Tibet Tour with Himalaya Mountain Adventure
- 16 Days Tibet Mount Everest and Gama Valley Trekking Tour
Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarova Kora in July
July is a good time to visit Mount Kailash and do Kora. Mount Kailash is considered to be sacred in four religions: Bon, Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism. Every year thousands of religious people make pilgrimages devoutly around it. You may also join our Mount Kailash Pilgrimage Tours to do Kailash kora. Lake Monasarova, located between the main peaks of the Gangdise Mountains- Mount Kailash and Gurla Mandhata Peak of Himalayas, is known as “Holy Lake”, and attracts many tourists and believers to visit.
Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarova Tours
- 14 Days Tibet-Nepal Overland Tour with Saga Dawa Festival and Mount Kailash
- 15 Days Tibet Kailash Pilgrimage Tour from Lhasa
- 15 Days Kailash and Manasarova Small Group Tour
Passing Through Nagqu Grassland in July
There are many lakes on Nagqu Grassland, which is the best place to enjoy plateau lakes. Nagqu plateau, located in Nagqu with an average altitude of 4500 meters and is a paradise for herdsmen. In July, Nagqu grassland is rich in water and grass, has flocks of cattle and sheep, and the lakes are scattered like gems in every corner of the grassland.
Tips for Travelling to Tibet in July
- July is the golden season for travelling in Tibet. It is difficult to get train tickets to Tibet.
- July is the rainy season in Tibet. Although the rainfall is abundant, the air is moist and the oxygen content is high, there is still high altitude sickness. Take precautions in advance!
- July is a perfect season to visit Tibet. There is a lot of rain in July in Tibet, so tourists should prepare umbrellas, raincoats and enough clothes. In addition, rainfall is mostly concentrated at night, and it seldom rains during the day, so it will hardly affect your travel plans in the daytime.
- Namtso Lake Weather and Climate in July
- Lhasa Travel Weather and Climate in July
- Shigatse Travel Weather and Climate in July
- Shannan Travel Weather and Climate in July
- Nyingchi Travel Weather and Climate in July
- Nagqu Travel Weather and Climate in July
- Ngari Travel Weather and Climate in July
- Qamdo Travel Weather and Climate in July
- Tibet Mount Everest Travel Weather and Climate in July
- Tibet Mount Kailash Travel Weather and Climate in July