Chongkang Manor in Nang County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 冲康庄园
English Name: Chongkang Manor in Nang County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Nang County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Chongkang Manor
Chongkang Manor is located in Nang village of Nang County and it is located in the road of 306 which is 23km away from the county town with an altitude of 3,165 meters above sea level.The overall design of the manor house was built according to the model of the aristocratic manor, with a total area of 7,807 square meters, of which 3,310 square meters were built. The impact of of primitive Chongkang Manor is the birthplace of the 13th Dalai Lama Tudeng Jiacuo. It’s full of dragons and lotus flower carving beams, recording the long histor. With the passage of time, Chongkang Manor retained about 25 pieces after suffering and destruction although it was already worn out, but very delicate technique still has the very high value of history, art and culture.Through the ingenuity of the past century, we can see the dignity and luxury of previous masters.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Nang County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.