Chusong Reservoir in Bainang County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 楚松水库
English Name: Chusong Reservoir in Bainang County, Shigatse
Location: Located in Bainang County, Shigatse Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Chusong Reservoir
Located in Duqiong Township（杜琼乡）, Bainang County（白朗县）, Shigatse Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region, Chusong Reservoir（楚松水库）is the leading project of the agricultural comprehensive development in Duqiong Township. It is listed as one of the key projects of “one river and two tributaries” in the whole district. The reservoir design has a total capacity of 14.6 million cubic meters, with a design irrigation area of 7.56 million mu. Driving 48 kilometers from Bainang County to Duqiong Township, a 3.967-meter-high dam stands tall at 4,190 meters above sea level. The four red letters inscribed on the top of the dam are shining brightly in the sun. Standing at the top of the dam, visitors can marvel at the sight of the water and the sparkling water, which is a miracle in the drought-stricken countryside where the land is barren, ecologically fragile, and desperately short of water.
Provincial road 204 is running through the whole county, connecting with Shigatse City, apart from this, Shigatse Station of Lhasa–Shigatse Railway is just next to Bainang County.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 to 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: June to October
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some necessities for the cold weather like the hat, gloves, scarf and thick winter coat and so on.
- Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.