Colorful Desert in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 定结县五彩沙漠
English Name: Colorful Desert in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Location: Located in the Dinggyê County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Qunguo Monastery
Located in the county seat of Dinggyê County, from the Zhongba County to the Payang Town, tourists can see sand dune which shows a colorful light in the sunshine on both sides of the road. The golden desert, the red mountain and some green vegetation make up an extraordinary view.
Dinggyê County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Dinggyê County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Dinggyê County.
- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Dinggyê County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: All seasons
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.