Dema Snow Mountain in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 德玛雪山
English Name: Dema Snow Mountain in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zhagyab County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Dema Snow Mountain
Dema Snow Mountain（德玛雪山）is located in Xuewa Village（雪瓦村）, Jitang Town（吉塘镇）, which is in the opposite site of Langla Mountain Pass（浪拉山口）and 93 kilometers away from Zhagyab County（察雅县）, Chamdo Prefecture（昌都市）, Tibet Autonomous Region. It will take visitors 3 hours suitable for all kinds of vehicles from the county seat to Langla Mountain Pass for 86 km. From Langla Mountain Pass to Dema Snow Mountain is suitable for rural highway suvs（越野车）, which will takes visitors about half an hour for 7 kilometers. While from the foothill to the mountain peak, there are 50 kilometers long way so that sometimes the one-way horses ride will be your best choice. Mount Dema is 5,480 meters above sea level. In the spring, the mountainside is full of the rhododendron, the dense virgin forest at the foot of the mountain; the clear mountain stream, the ancient folk wind, and the sacred mountain correspond, constituting a beautiful scenery line. Dama Snow Mountain (Tibetan language for “Zhaling Made Jueni”“扎岭德玛觉尼”), meaning the 12 sacred mountains in the world in this concentration.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zhagyab by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zhagyab by tour bus as well.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: two days
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.
- There are inns and restaurant, where you can have a rest and a bite to eat. You can also take a picnic if you like.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.