Dengqen County Travel Tips
1. As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.
2. Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.
3.There are inns and restaurant, where you can have a rest and a bite to eat. you can also take a picnic if you like.
4. The best time to visit Dengqen County is May, June, September and October with the pleasant and lively weather, and we usually suggest that visitors travel to Dengqen County for 2 days.
5. As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along one or two pieces of thermal clothing.
6. High Altitude Precaution. Although Qamdo is at a relatively lower elevation area, some places of high elevation may easily cause altitude reaction. Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
7. Prepare Food and Drinks. Since tourists have to spend 8 hours on travelling from Lhasa to Dengqen County, you are suggested to get some snacks, fruit and water ready before the long riding journey. Bring your warm cloths and rain gear is always a good idea if you go to Dengqen County in summer.