Gyaca County Attractions
Lhoka Gyaca County, as a wonderful and brilliant place, is famous for its natural landscape and ethnic culture. There are lots of attractive sights for tourists to have a pleasant trip.
- Lhamo La-tso Lake(拉木纳错湖):it is a small oval oracle lake where senior Tibetan monks of the Gelug sect go for visions to assist in the discovery of reincarnations of the Dalai Lamas. Other pilgrims also come to seek visions. It is considered to be the most sacred lake in Tibet and also known as “The Life-Spirit-Lake of the Goddess”.
- Buladan Mountain( 布拉丹山):5088 meters above sea level, it is the only way which must be passed to Gyaca County. In May and June, tourists can enjoy blooming azalea, Tibet unique flower Sue Roma Bbu(苏罗玛布) and bang Jin Mei flower(邦锦梅朵).
- Turret Site of Nuomi Village(诺米村碉楼遗址):3350 meters above sea level, it was built on the cliff and near the Yarlung Zangbo River. It is mainly wood and stone structure building with the history over 700 years.
- Chokorgyel Monastery(琼果杰寺):this monastery is situated between three mountains. It was originally built in a triangular form to reflect the symbolism of its position at the confluence of three rivers and surrounded by three mountains and also represents the conjunction of the three elements of water, earth and fire, as well as the female principle of Palden Lhamo in the form of an inverted triangle.
- Cuijiu Valley(崔久沟):its upper reaches are snow capped mountains, lakes and grassland scenery, including Lhamo La-tso Lake, Nayu River Canyon and Jieluola Mountain; the middle reaches are famous for its Chokorgyel landscape and religious temple. It is the growth of Cordyceps militaris fertile soil and tourists paradise; the lower reaches are abundant in rapids and waterfall.
- Dabu Xiazhulin Temple(达布夏珠林寺):Jiacha means sermon and practice place. It is famous for expounding the texts of Buddhism and it is Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Nayu River Canyon(那玉河谷): 4600 meters above sea level, it's known as the abode of immortals. There is a lush pasture and people here are warm and hospitable.
- Nierke Waterfall(涅尔喀大瀑布): the waterfall flew down from the boulders and the scenery is very magnificent. There is a shiny black stone near the fall. When you break an egg in the stone, it will be cooked after a few minutes.