Nagarze County Attractions
Lhoka Nagarze County, as a wonderful and brilliant place, is famous for its original Tibetan temple and beautiful lakes. There are lots of attractive sights for tourists to have a pleasant trip.
- Yamdrok Yumtso Lake(羊卓雍错湖): Encircled by snow-capped mountains and dotted with small islands, Yamdrok Yumtso Lake is one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet, believed to be the transformation of a goddess.
- Karola Glacier(卡若拉冰川):it isn’t a big glacier, but the white glacier is spectacular from the highway. Tourists can appreciate snow peaked mountains contrasted with blue sky and turquoise waters, yaks and Tibetans.
- Pumo Yumtso Lake(普莫雍错湖):at an altitude of 5010 meters, it is located in the north of Yamdrok Yumtso Lake. It is surrounded by lush, endless grasslands and snow hills.
- Ganbala Mountain(甘巴拉山):with 5374 meters above sea level, it is a famous snow mountain in Tibet. Ganbala means "unsurpassable" in Tibetan Language.
- Sangding Temple( 桑丁寺):It is an ancient temple with a history of more than 300 years . It is also the only Temple in Tibet headed by a woman--a female living Buddha.
- Zhare Temple(扎热寺):built in 17th century, there are many cultural relics in this temple and the best known is Mani Stone inscription(玛尼石刻).