Nyemo County Attractions
Nyêmo is a county in the Lhasa prefecture-level city west of the main center of Lhasa, Tibet. It lies on the north bank of the Yarlung Tsangpo River, the northern part of the Brahmaputra. The county has an area of 3,276 square kilometres (1,265 sq mi), and as of 2011 had a population of 30,844 people, mostly engaged in agriculture or herding.
Attractions of Nyemo County
· Nyemo Tunba Tunda Village(吞巴乡吞达村), a small village in Nyemo County is the birthplace of Tibetan Incense.
· Nyemo Tunba Scenic Area(吞巴景区), located in Nyemo County is famous for the birthplace of Tibetan culture, there is a first Museum of Tibetan Characters.
· Former Residence of Thonmi Sambhota(吞弥·桑布扎故居), the resident place of Thonmi Sambhota, the creator of Tibetan Characters.
· Mizhutong Menlin Temple(米珠通门林寺), is the only one Bon Religion Temple(苯教寺庙) in Lhasa area.
· Ricuozhuowa Tower(日措卓娃塔), is a symbol of primitive reproduction worship(原始生殖崇拜) in Tibetan area.
· Nyêmo Iron Chain Bridge(尼木铁索桥), a bridge crossing over Nyêmo River(尼木河) from Tarong(塔荣) to Qiagu(恰古).