Gongbo’gyamda County Overview
Chinese Name: 工布江达县 English IPA: Gong Bu Jiang Da Xian Location: Located in the southeast of Tibet autonomous region, northwest of Nyingchi City Population (city): 27,532 Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Gongbo’gyamda County, located in the southeast of Tibet autonomous region, northwest of Nyingchi City covers a total area of 11,650 square kilometers, which means the hollow big valley in Tibetan language with an average elevation of 3,600 meters. The Niyang River, a tributary of the Yarlung Zangbo River, runs through the whole country. The tourist attractions include Basum Lake, Taizhao Ancient City, Baga Monastery and so on.
Highlights of Gongbogyamda County
Natural Landscapes of Gongbo’gyamda County
▪ Draksum-tso Lake（巴松措）is one of Tibet’s most famous scenic spots. It lies in the Gongbogyamda County, at about 90 km away from the county seat Gorlingka and 120 km away from Bayi Town. In 1997, the World Tourism Organization listed the lake into its international tourist spots. In 2001, the State Tourism Administration granted 5 4A title, Draksum-tso was the only tourism region. In 2002, it became a State Forest Park.
▪ Niyang River（尼洋河）is a major river in southwest Tibet and the longest tributary of the Yarlung Tsangpo Valley. It stretches 307.5 kilometers from the west of Mira Mountain, with an elevation of 5,000 meters above sea level. The river flows eastwards and joins Yalung Tsangpo in Cemeng, Nyingchi. With a drop height of 2,273 meters, an average flow of 538 cubic meters per minute and a yearly flux of 22 billion cubic meters the river boasts an aquatic power of 2.08 million kilowatts.
▪ Xincuo Lake（新措湖）is situated in Basongcuo Scenic Area with the blue sky reflected in the dark blue clear water plus several dead wood. Looked far away, visitors can view the distant snow mountains and glaciers with a kind of unexpected soul-touching feeling.
Cultural Relics in Gongbo’gyamda County
▪ Tang – Bo Ancient Road（唐蕃古道）is shortened from Tang Dynasty – Tubo Dynasty Ancient Road. It is not only a well known important ancient traffic road in Chinese history, but also the way which must be passed to the Kingdom of Nepal, India, Qinghai Province, and Tibet Region, etc. Tang – Bo Ancient Road is originated from Xian City of Shanxi Province to Lhasa City of Tibet Autonomous Region by way of Gansu and Qinghai. It is approximately 3000 kilometers long. It is also highly praised as the southern route of the Silk Road as it stretches throughout the roof of the world – Tibet and the west part of China. It is significant to connect the southwest part of China, too.
▪ Xiuba Ancient Castle（秀巴古堡）is located in the Gongbogyamda County, Nyingtri, Tibet. The name Xiuba means ‘skinning’ in Tibetan language. This castle has a long history that it was constructed with stones and wood back in Tang Dynasty. Xiuba Ancient Castle consists of five castles with various heights, ranging from 20 to meters. At the beginning, it had seven castles in total. However, due to years without restoration, 2 of them collapsed. Right now, only three of these remaining castles are in relatively good condition.
▪ Taizhao Ancient Town（太昭古城）: Located in Taizhao Village（太昭村）, Gongbo’gyamda County, Taizhao Ancient Town（太昭古城） is a comprehensive scenic spot mingled with the tourism elements of eating, accommodation, traveling, shopping and entertainment as well as the folk customs, history and culture, the red tourism in one.
▪ Baga Monastery（巴嘎寺）is located in Niangpu Township（娘蒲乡）, Gongbo’gyamda County, which was founded in the reign of the fifth Dalai Lama and is a sect of the Gelug monastery. There collects the relic of the clothes and shoes of Tsongkhapa（宗喀巴）.
▪ Ngapoi Manor（阿沛庄园）is located 8000 meters away from the east of Gongbo’gyamda County, where Ngapoi family（阿沛家族） lived generations by generation from Qing Dynasty. It is one of the 12 big manors in Tibet, covering a total construction area of 5317 square meters with the earliest built fruits-bearing forest in Tibet.
Other Destinations in Gongbo'gyamda County
Gongbo'gyamda County Attractions
Gongbo'gyamda County is rich in natural and human landscapes with abundant tourism resources, mainly includeing: Draksum-tso Lake（巴松措）, Niyang River（尼洋河）, Xincuo Lake（新措湖）, Tang – Bo Ancient Road（唐蕃古道）, Xiuba Ancient Castle（秀巴古堡）, Taizhao Ancient Town（太昭古城）, Baga Monastery（巴嘎寺）, Ngapoi Manor（阿沛庄园）, etc. Natural Landscapes of Gongbo'gyamda County ▪ Draksum-tso Lake（巴松措）is one of Tibet’s most famous scenic spots. It lies in the Gongbogyamda County, at about 90 km away from the county seat Gorlingka and 120 km away from Bayi Town. In 1997, the World Tourism Organization listed the lake into its international [...]
Gongbo'gyamda County Tours
Gongbo'gyamda County tours not only allow you to explore the brilliant Tibetan culture & authentic Tibetan customs, but also allow you to appreciate the natural charm of Tibet. We list the following Gongbo'gyamda County tour packages that may interest you. Tailor-made tours are flexible and based on your personal preference. Gongbo'gyamda County group tours are also available, which covers the popular tourist sites in Tibet. Start your trip to Gongbo'gyamda County now. Here we list some attractive highlights in Gongbo'gyamda County for visitors to [...]
Climate & When to Go
Gongbo'gyamda County's climate is classified as warm and temperate. The summers are much rainier than the winters in Gongbo'gyamda County. In Gongbo'gyamda County, the average annual temperature is 7.5 °C with the average annual rainfall of 508 mm. The variation in the precipitation between the driest and wettest months is 118 mm. The variation in temperatures throughout the year is 17.6 °C. GONGBO'GYAMDA COUNTY CLIMATE TABLE // HISTORICAL WEATHER DATA January February March April May June July August September October November December [...]
1. Rental Car-- You can rent a car in Bayi Town or Lhasa. If you drive from Bayi Town, it’s about 120 km. If you drive from Lhasa City, it’s about 360 km. 2. Trek-- If you get off at Bayi Bridge, you can trek all the way to Draksum-tso. It’s about 8-hour walk. [...]
Festivals and Activities
The majority of the farmers and herdsmen in Gongbo'gyamda County will celebrates the Tibetan New Year（藏历新年）, which lasted from December 29th to the first 15 days of the next lunar month. The Spring Sowing Festival（春播节） is held on a auspicious day of the first month in Tibetan Calendar when the young men and women will dress in their special local costumes, plowing, planting and fertilizing, praying for the harvest of the crops in the land. The villagers will drink the [...]
1. Best Travel Time: Spring and Summer 2. Must Have Permits. Since Nyingchi is adjacent to India and Burma, more obligatory permits including Aliens’ Travel Permits, Militery Permit are required as well as Tibet Entry Permit. 3. High Altitude Precaution. Although Nyingchi is at a relatively lower elevation area, some places of high elevation like Mila Pass (5013m) may easily cause altitude reaction. Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time. 4. Prepare Food and Drinks. Since tourists have [...]
To give the visitors a better trip in Gongbo'gyamda County, we list some related maps about the county, including Gongbo'gyamda County Maps, Gongbo'gyamda County Tourist Maps, Gongbo'gyamda City Map, and Gongbo'gyamda County Location Map. [...]
Gongbo'gyamda County Accommodation
Visitors can choose lots of hotels varied from budget one to five star in Gongbo'gyamda County. Most of the hotels in Gongbo'gyamda County provide high-qualified service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free WiFi is equipped. The considerate services would make you relax and comfortable. No matter where you stay in Nyingchi, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. Xinyuan Hotel of Bahe Town（巴河镇鑫源宾馆）: Located [...]