Zhag’yab County Overview
Chinese Name: 察雅县 English IPA: Cháyǎ Xiàn Location: Zhag'yab County is located in Chamdo Prefecture , Tibet Autonomous Region, China. Population (city): 53628 Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Located in the east of Tibet, Zhag’yab is a county which belongs to Qamdo Prefecture, Tibet. It is bordering Konchok on the east, Mangkang county and Zogang county on the south, and Basu county on the west. About 88 kilometers away from the township Qamdo, Zhag’yab County has a total population of 53,628 with an total area of 8,413 square kilometers.
Highlights of Zhag’yab County
● Youxi Hot Spring（酉西温泉）: this spring is the natural spring in Zhagyab county. Many tourists may choose there as the destination to have a rest and relax themselves.
● Xiangkang Hall（向康大殿）: about 79 kilometers away from the proper city of the county. The Buddha in the hall is very mysterious and there are two stories about the origin of the Buddha Hall.
● Jiaoke Monastery（角克寺）: this is the largest Buddhist nun monastery in Tibet, and it was established in 1894. The monastery is very grand with a large number of Buddhist nu n in this temple.
● Luoronggou Cliff Carvings（罗荣沟石刻群）are famous for its grand scale. And the Chinese characters on the carvings introduces the history of the ancient Tibet.
● Lesapuba water-eroded cave（勒萨普巴溶洞）: as the folk tale says that the cave enables people to have a glimpse of the hell. And you may need 2 hours to sightseeing this scenic spot.
● Saga Richu Pagoda Forest（萨嘎日初宝塔林）: there are about 80 pagodas in the scenic site and the scale of the pagodas vary from very tiny to very large.
Other Destinations in Zhag'yab County
Zhag'yab County Attractions
● Youxi Hot Spring（酉西温泉）: this spring is the natural spring in Zhagyab county. Many tourists may choose there as the destination to have a rest and relax themselves. ● Xiangkang Hall（向康大殿）: about 79 kilometers away from the proper city of the county. The Buddha in the hall is very mysterious and there are two stories about the origin of the Buddha Hall. ● Jiaoke Monastery（角克寺）: this is the largest Buddhist nun monastery in Tibet, and it was established in 1894. The monastery is [...]
Zhag'yab County Tours
As the Top Tibet tour operator, Mysterious Tibet promises to present the ultimate travel experience to world-wide tourists via a galaxy of carefully-engineered tour products. Our quality service begins as our thoughtful travel consultants handle your emails to inquire a customized Tibet tour. And throughout the tour, they will together with our client service manager in Qamdo Zhag’yab County provide back-up service for you. All our seasoned Tibetan guides are well-trained and hospitable. They are ready to help you out whenever [...]
Climate & When to Go
The climate here is mild, and generally warm and temperate. When compared with winter, the summers have much more rainfall. In Zhag’yab, the average annual temperature is 8.6 °C. The rainfall here averages 548 mm. Precipitation is the lowest in January, with an average of 2 mm. In July, the precipitation reaches its peak, with an average of 121 mm. At an average temperature of 16.7 °C, July is the hottest month of the year. At -1.0 °C on average, January is [...]
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zhagyab by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zhagyab by tour bus as well. [...]
Festivals and Activities
Qamdo Folk Custom in Tibet Qamdo Folk Custom in Tibet – Dressing Qamdo dressing is representative a regional culture and spirit. People in Qamdo Prefecture are called Kangba people. Men dress themselves very vigorous and unrestrained, bold and uninhibited. They prefer to wear long Tibetan knife, or other weapons. Their clothes are usually made of the silks and satins, cloth, and fabric, etc, and the edges are usually embroidered with otter's skin, tiger's skin, or leopard's skin, etc. Ladies dress themselves [...]
1. As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary. 2. Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning. 3.There are inns and restaurant, where you can have a rest and a bite to eat. you can also take a picnic if you like. 4. The period between March to October is the best [...]
To give the visitors a better trip in Zhag’yab County, we list some related maps about the county, including Zhag’yab County Maps, Zhag’yab County Tourist Maps, Zhag’yab County Map, and Zhag’yab County Location Map. [...]
Zhag'yab County Accommodation
Visitors can choose lots of hotels varied from budget one to five star in Dengqen County. Most of the hotels in Dengqen County provide high-qualified service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free WiFi is equipped. The considerate services would make you relax and comfortable. No matter where you stay in Qamdo, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. [...]