Sangri County Overview
Chinese Name: 桑日县 English IPA: Sangri Xian Location: located in Lhoka Prefecture, the southeast of Tibet Autonomous Region Population (city): 15,746 Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Sangri County is located in Lhoka Prefecture, the southeast of Tibet Autonomous Region, covering a total area of 2633.62 square kilometers with 15,746 people living here.
Highlights of Sangri County
Cultural relics of Sangri County
▪ Dansati Monastery（丹萨梯寺）is located in the south of the Sangri County（桑日县）, Pamuzhu Ferry（帕木竹渡口）of Yarlung Zangbo River. It was built in 1158 AD by the Kagyu monks covering an area of more than 300,000 square meters.
▪ Qulong Monastery（曲龙寺）is located in the south of the village government of Woka Township（沃卡乡）, Sangri County（桑日县）, Lhoka District, Tibet autonomous region. It stands on the hill, with its back on the majestic Wode Gongjie Snow Mountain（德贡杰雪山）, facing the vast Woka Grassland（沃卡草原）.
▪ Zengqi Monastery（增期寺）is located in Zengqi Township（增期乡）, Sangri County（桑日县）, which has obvious characteristics of early monastery.
▪ Qiagaqude Monastery（恰嘎曲德寺）which is located in the west of the village government of Sangri County（桑日县）was built in the late 16th century with a total area of 2,000 square meters.
▪ Luding Pozhang（鲁定颇章）is located 1.5 kilometers east of Sangri County（桑日县）, which is the post station that Dalai lama stayed in during the pilgrimage to Jiacha Holy Lake（加查神湖）.
▪ Luding Linka（鲁定林卡）is located about 1.5 kilometers east of Sangri County（桑日县）, which is the worship and faithful land of the Dalai lama.
Natural Landscapes of Sangri County
▪ Dagu Canyon Scenic Spot（达古峡谷景区）, located at Yajiang Gorge, the junction of Sangri County（桑日县）and Gyaca County（加查县）, is the second grand canyon in Tibet.
▪ Woka Scenic Area（沃卡景区）is famous for Wode Gongjie Snow Mountain（沃德贡杰雪山）, the three holy rivers (Zengqi River（增期河）, Heilong River（黑龙河） and Derimu River（德日木河）) and the seven hot springs. They are known as “Woka Three St”（沃卡三圣）.
▪ Sijinlacuo Lake（思金拉错湖）in Tibetan language is a holy lake with mysterious power, which is located in the northern part of Sangri County with an altitude of 4,500 meters. It is shaped like a treasure basin.
▪ Sangri Wapiti Natural Reserve（桑日马鹿自然保护区）covers an area of about 180,000 hectares. The Tibetan Wapiti are only distributed in the Gongbula Mountain（贡布拉山）area of Sangri County, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet.
▪ Gongdelin Grassland（贡德林草原）which is situated in Zengqi Township（增期乡）, Sangri County（桑日县）, is one of the important attractions of south Tibet travel line with its vast and fertilizer grassland, cow and horse. It is one of the most famous Tibet yak butter origins which are known as the “imperial grassland” for the Dalai Lama and the dignitaries.
Other Destinations in Sangri County
Sangri County Attractions
Cultural relics of Sangri County ▪ Dansati Monastery（丹萨梯寺）is located in the south of the Sangri County（桑日县），Pamuzhu Ferry（帕木竹渡口）of Yarlung Zangbo River. It was built in 1158 AD by the Kagyu monks covering an area of more than 300,000 square meters. ▪ Qulong Monastery（曲龙寺）is located in the south of the village government of Woka Township（沃卡乡）, Sangri County（桑日县）, Lhoka District, Tibet autonomous region. It stands on the hill, with its back on the majestic Wode Gongjie Snow Mountain（德贡杰雪山）, facing the vast Woka Grassland（沃卡草原）. ▪ Zengqi Monastery（增期寺）is located in Zengqi [...]
Sangri County Tours
Sangri County tours not only allow you to explore the brilliant Tibetan culture & authentic Tibetan customs, but also allow you to appreciate the natural charm of Tibet. We list the following Sangri County tour packages that may interest you. Tailor-made tours are flexible and based on your personal preference. Sangri County group tours are also available, which covers the popular tourist sites in Tibet. Start your trip to Sangri County now. Here Mysterious Tibet Tour lists some attractive highlights in Nedong District for [...]
Climate & When to Go
The climate here is mild, and generally warm and temperate. The summers are much rainier than the winters in Sangri. The average temperature in Sangri is 17.2 °C. About 1680 mm of precipitation falls annually. January February March April May June July August September October November December Avg. Temperature (°C) 9.4 11.2 15.6 20 22.3 23.1 21.6 21.6 20.5 17.8 13 10 Min. Temperature (°C) 4.2 5.1 9.6 12.5 14.9 17.2 17.5 17.6 16 12.1 7.6 4.7 Max. Temperature (°C) 14.7 17.3 21.7 27.5 29.7 29.1 25.8 25.6 25.1 23.5 18.5 15.4 Avg. Temperature (°F) 48.9 52.2 60.1 68.0 72.1 73.6 70.9 70.9 68.9 64.0 55.4 50.0 Min. Temperature (°F) 39.6 41.2 49.3 54.5 58.8 63.0 63.5 63.7 60.8 53.8 45.7 40.5 Max. Temperature (°F) 58.5 63.1 71.1 81.5 85.5 84.4 78.4 78.1 77.2 74.3 65.3 59.7 Precipitation / Rainfall (mm) 58 49 59 38 58 248 429 412 221 75 11 22 Between the driest and wettest months, the difference in precipitation is 418 mm. The variation in temperatures throughout [...]
The Highway 306 provincial highway (Nedong - Nyingchi) is Sangri County highway which starts from Minze Village, traveling along the southern bank of the Yarlung Zangbo River, the east of Sangri County, Rongxiang Township to Luomude Village, and finally it ends in Qusong County, all about 26.5 kilometers long. The Railway The Lhasa-Nyingchi Railway tracks across the whole Sangri County. [...]
Festivals and Activities
Many festivals are held in Lhoka region in its counties, district, monasteries and villages to celebrate the harvest season, the New Year or Losar and natural elements such as birds. A colorful and widely celebrated festival is the Ongkor (Bumper Harvest) Festival which is observed in June according to the Tibetan calendar, in the riverine areas to mark good harvests of the season. Ongkor Festival As the crop-ripening time approaches, Tibetan farmers begin to celebrate the Ongkor Festival, which is prevalent [...]
1. The best time to visit Sangri County is Summer and Autumn with the pleasant and lively weather. 2. Suggested Traveling Day: Three Days 3. High Altitude Precaution. Although Lhoka is at a relatively lower elevation area, some places of high elevation may easily cause altitude reaction. Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time. 4. Prepare Food and Drinks. Since tourists have to spend 8 hours on travelling from Lhasa to Sangri County, you are suggested to get some snacks, fruit and [...]
To give the visitors a better trip in Sangri County, we list some related maps about the county, including Sangri County Maps, Sangri County Tourist Maps, Sangri County Map, and Sangri County Location Map. [...]
Sangri County Accommodation
Visitors can choose lots of hotels varied from budget one to five star in Sangri County. Most of the hotels in Sangri County provide high-qualified service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free WiFi is equipped. The considerate services would make you relax and comfortable. No matter where you stay in Lhoka, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. Sangri Yueyang Hotel（桑日岳阳宾馆）: Located in No. [...]