Gar Tsangpo River in Gar County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 噶尔藏布
English Name: Gar Tsangpo River in Gar County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gar County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Gar Tsangpo River
Located in Ngari region of western China’s Tibet Autonomous Region,Gar Tsangpo or Gar River is a tributary of the Sênggê Zangbo (Indus River), which it meets at the town of Shiquanhe. The source is south of Gangdise Range, in Ngari Prefecture. Its course is mainly in the Gar County. The river drains an area of 6,060 km2, and covers a length of 196 km..
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Gar County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.