Gega Hot Spring in Mainlin County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 格嘎温泉
English Name: Gega Hot Spring in Mainlin County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Mainlin County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Gega Hot Spring
Gega Hot Spring is located in the Mainlin County at the foot of the mountain and there are 7 springs with the water temperature of 40-50 ℃. Due to the complex geological structure and plate movement, spring water contains a variety of minerals and trace elements, which can treat many diseases. The best seasons would be March and April every year when the peach blossom grows up.
Gega Hot Spring goes through the gateway to the world’s first grand canyon – the Yarlung Zangbo River Canyon with an altitude of 7,787 meters. It is located in the Gega Village, 1,600 meters of the steep hill.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to MainlinCounty by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.