Gurujia Monastery in Gar County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 古如江寺
English Name: Gurujia Monastery in Gar County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gar County, Ngari,Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Gurujia Monastery
Located in Gar County, Gurujia Monastery was founded by the master Jochon – jean – jang-jay（琼钦-·晋美朗嘎多杰） in 1936 AD. The main buildings are Kantong Lakang（卡洞拉康）, Zulacang（祖拉康）, Zangkang（藏康）, and Gadanju Lakang（噶丹居拉康）and etc. There are enshrines the stone statue of the Janba Nanka（珍巴南卡） in the monastery and 12 Tangka（唐卡）. In addition, there is also Buddhist pagodas, Bon classics, and dharma-vessel and so on. The monastery was destroyed during the Cultural Revolution and rebuilt in 1983.The current abbot of the monastery Gelong Danzeng Wangzha（革龙单增旺扎）is a famous Tibetan medicine expert in Ngari area.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Gar County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary