Jiawu Lakang Monastery in Gê’gyai County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 加吾拉康寺
English Name: Jiawu Lakang Monastery in Gê’gyai County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gê’gyai County, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Jiawu Lakang Monastery
Jiawu Lakang Monastery（加吾拉康寺）is located in Jiawu Village（加吾村）, Xiongba Township（雄巴乡）, Geji County（革吉县）, Ngari Prefecture（阿里地区）, Tibet Autonomous Region, 135 kilometers away from the county seat and 35 km away from the township government. It is still unknown of the exactly construction time and the founder of the building. It covers a total area of 154 square meters, with the construction area of 136 square meters, which is 4800 meters above sea level. The monastery belongs to the Kagyu sect（葛举派）of Tibetan Buddhism.
Gegyai County highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self driving tour. The nearest airport to Gegyai County is Ngari Gunsa Airport. Tourist can travel to Ngari by air firstly and then transfer to Gegyai County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There are 110.7 km from Ngari to Gegyai County and it just spends 2.5 hours for driving.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May to September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- If you choose to travel by car, please pay attention to the road condition and drive carefully.