Jieba Village in Gongbogyamda County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 结巴村
English Name: Jieba Village
Location: Located in Gongbogyamda County(工布江达县), Nyingchi Prefecture(林芝市), Tibet Autonomous Region, China
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All day
About Jieba Village
It does not mean that it is a village which lives “stuttering”, on the contrary, it is a mysterious and beautiful cultural village which is forgotten by the time. There are 80 households in this small village.
History and Development of Jieba Village
According to the legend, a man of Buddhism alone to the lake, and he forgot the saddle, the next day, he returned along the way, actually found the saddle still waiting for him to come. In his pious heart, he thought this was the guide of the Buddha and settled there. This man of the Buddha also naturally became the first inhabitant in this area. Whenever someone asked his name, he only smiled: “stutter” – forgot.
Main Attractions- Jieba Village
Enter the village, there is a large parking lot, next to the entrance to the Peak Observatory, observation deck in the village of Sabah is overlooking the perfect location of the panorama of Paterson. Looking down from the observatory, the panoramic views of the village of Samba are at a glance. Two famous mountains of Draksum-tso Lake: “the throne of the king” and the “burning flame” also have a panoramic view.
1. Rental Car– You can rent a car in Bayi Town or Lhasa. If you drive from Bayi Town, it’s about 120 km. If you drive from Lhasa City, it’s about 360 km.
2. Trek– If you get off at Bayi Bridge, you can trek all the way to Draksum-tso. It’s about 8-hour walk.
Attraction Travel Tips
1. Traveling Hours: 2~3 hours
2. Traveling Seasons: All year
3. High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water and some thick clothes, eating more fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and so on.
4. Pay attention to respect the local customers.