Jiedui Monastery in Lhunzhub County, Lhasa
Chinese Name: 杰堆寺
English Name: Jiedui Monastery
Location: Located at Lakang Village(拉康村) of Chongdui Town(充堆乡) in the west of the Linzhou County, Lhasa
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All the day
About Jiedui Monastery
Jie Duidi(杰堆地), also known as “Jie lakang(杰拉康)”. It is located at Lakang Village(拉康村) of Chongdui Town(充堆乡) in the west of the Linzhou County, Lhasa. The temple was created in 1012 by the Shangnanang Duojie Wangqiu(尚那囊·多杰旺秋), which is an enclosed square courtyard. The main house of the temple and the stone tablet in the east side are well worth each other. According to the subject of the murals in the temple, it is a late Gelug style(格鲁派).
History of the stone tablet
The stone tablet of Jiedui Monastery is very precious. It is said that the stone tablet flew from India before the creation of the temple, which dated back to the 11th century or earlier. The stone tablet is the mainly placing master of the temple earlier. During the “Great Cultural Revolution”, it was buried in the ground when the temple was destroyed, then it was rediscovered in 1991, and it was of great value for art and historical relics.
Social value of the stone tablet of Jiedui Monastery
The stone tablet of Jiedui Monastery was discovered for the first time in Tibet, it has enriched the form and content of the Tibetan temple stone art and it is one of the few early works of art in Tibet.
We can take a shuttle bus from Lhasa to Lhunzhub County, then transfer a local mini bus to Jiedui Monastery.
Attraction Travel Tips:
· pay attention to respect the local customs in the monastery.
· 1 – 2 hours travel.
· best season to travel: all the year round.