Jueba Mountain in Zogang County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 觉巴山
English Name: Jueba Mountain in Zogang County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Jueba Mountain
Jueba Mountain（觉巴山）, also known as Jiaoba Mountain（脚巴山）, is located in Zogang County of Chamdo Prefecture which is situated in the conjunction of the west part of Sichuan Province and the east part of Tibet. It is located in the drainage basin of Jinsha River（金沙江）, Nu River（怒江）and Lancang River（澜沧江）of Hengduan Mountain Ranges（横断山脉）, which is surrounded by hundreds of mountains. Start from the small village beside Lancang River，you can get to the small village under Jueba Mountain, which is only about eight kilometers away.
Jueba Mountain Climbing
Jueba Mountain is not high. Even though the point with the highest elevation is only 3940 meters, as a result that Lancang River deeply incised, making the riverbank stand bolt upright a precipice, which is really hard and give person a sense of awe. Here is one of the famous pitches of Hengduan Mountainous with 30 kilometers switchbacks, nearly 2000 meters of relative elevation difference, making Jueba Mountain the most difficult mountain along Sichuan-Tibet highway to climb. It is also the most time-consuming mountain due to the highway extension on the precipice without guardrails and road signs.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zogang by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zogang County. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: several days
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- Sunglasses is absolutely necessary for all seasons to protect your eyes from ultraviolet radiation and glisten of the snow
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.