Langla Mountain in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 浪拉山
English Name: Langla Mountain in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zhagyab County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Langla Mountain
Langla Mountain（浪拉山）, at 5374 meters above sea level, is Tibet’s famous snow mountain. It is in the south of Yangzhuo Yongcuo Lake（羊卓雍湖）, the east of Gangdise Mountain（冈底斯山）, the west of Himalayas, and in the center of Tibet. Every day the sun raise up, and the first thing that lights up is this mountain. Because of its height and steepness, Gambara Mountain（甘巴拉山）has divided Tibet into two parts. West of the mountain is called the back Tibet, which the east of the, mountain is called the front Tibet. From Gambara Mountain foot to the mountain pass, is it is a long winding mountain road, 25 kilometers long, is said to have one or 5030 meters mountain pass, you can overlook jasper-like Yangzhuo Yongcuo Lake, and the majestic Ningjin Kangsha Peak（宁金抗沙峰）.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zhagyab by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zhagyab by tour bus as well.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: one day
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.
- There are inns and restaurant, where you can have a rest and a bite to eat. You can also take a picnic if you like.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.