Langpu Monastery in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 朗普寺
English Name: Langpu Monastery in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Location: Located in southwest of Dinggyê County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All the day
About Langpu Monastery
Located in the cliff wall of Langma Village（朗玛村）of Qiongtse Township（琼孜乡）in Dinggyê County, 2 km away from the Langma Village,Langpu Monastery was destroyed in 1966. In 1984 it was rebuilt on the original stump with original two-story building, including clean kitchen and the assembly hall. The first floor is a clean kitchen in the east with depth of 2 columns. The second floor is the hall of assembly with depth of a column.There is a peak between these halls with three small holes at the bottom of the shrines, which are four meters, two meters and 2.1 meters deep.
Dinggyê County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Dinggyê County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Dinggyê County.
- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Dinggyê County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: June to September
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.
- Pay attention to respect the Tibetan local custom in the monastery.