Laohuzui Waterfall in Medog County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 老虎嘴瀑布
English Name: Laohuzui Waterfall in Medog County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Medog County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: 160/person
Opening Hours: All Day
About Laohuzui Waterfall
Laohuzui Waterfall is located in theLaohuzui of Medog County. Its name means halfway up for digging in the cliff. The whole valley is a typical v-shaped canyon referred to the “tiger’s mouth” ， which is shaped like a slot in a tiger’s mouth and several nearby cave-ins.Laohuzui Waterfall has installed metal fence which is easier than before.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Medog County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.