Luorong Grottoes in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
English Name: Luorong Grottoes in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zhagyab County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Luorong Grottoes
Luorong Grottoes（罗荣沟石刻群）is located about 28 kilometers east away from Wangka Township, Zhagyab County（察雅县）seat, Chamdo Prefecture（昌都市）, Tibet Autonomous Region. There is decorated with the carved stone treasures, and among them the main worship Buddha is ten-face goddess of mercy, the rest of Sakyamuni（释迦牟尼）, Vairocana Buddha（大日如来）, Princess Wencheng（文成公主）, Tangdong Jiebu（唐东杰布）, etc. Legend had it that the grottos stone group has a history of nearly one thousand years, which clever use the different stone natural prototype to carve slightly. The technique is exquisite; the engraving is exquisite, lively, with unique and light style, which is rare among the stone carving exquisite work in Kham District. The scenic area is surrounded by green mountains, clear air, ancient green wood, beautiful flowers, and lively birds. It is a rare scenic spot to visit the resort.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zhagyab by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zhagyab by tour bus as well.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: two days
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.
- There are inns and restaurant, where you can have a rest and a bite to eat. You can also take a picnic if you like.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.