Mujiu Wetland in Xainza County, Nagqu
Chinese Name: 木纠湿地
English Name: Mujiu Wetland
Location: Located in Maba Village of Xainza County, Nagqu
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Mujiu Wetland in Xainza County, Nagqu
Mujiu Wetland is located in Maba Village of Xainza County, Nagqu. 4000 meters above sea level, Mujiu Wetland is consist of Mujiucuo(木纠错), Bird island and wetland. There are many rivers and lakes, complex and varied natural geographical conditions and good ecological environment, attracting many kinds of animals and rare birds to survival here. This area is the core area of the National Nature Reserve and the main breeding and habitat of birds. They are many precious animals such as Black necked cranes(黑颈鹤), bar-headed goose(斑头雁), tadorna ferruginea(赤麻鸭) and alcippe ruficapilla(棕头欧).
Visitors can take long-distance bus or choose self-driving from Maba Village of Xainza County, Nagqu. Please pay attention to weather conditions. In the rainy season (July & August), cars often get struck in the mud and delays happen frequently.
- Traveling Hours: 2 or 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: March to October
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content
- Bring a good, broad spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF factor and a high SPF lip sunscreen to protect your lips too.
- Please stay in a safe situation when you try to enjoy the spectacular scene.