Nierke Waterfall in Gyaca County, Lhoka (Shannan)
Chinese Name: 涅尔喀大瀑布
English Name: Nierke Waterfall in Gyaca County, Lhoka
Location: Located in Gyaca County, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Nierke Waterfall
There is a very spectacular natural waterfall named Nierke Waterfall（涅尔喀大瀑布）in Zangmu Village（藏木）, Lasuo Township（拉绥乡）, Gyaca County（加查县）, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. The waterfall is formed because that the Brahmaputra River flows through here and form a cut-out, then the river is cut to multi-level waterfalls. Standing at the foot of the mountain, visitors can view that Nierke Waterfall falls from the cliff between the cascades with the falls of nearly 30 meters. The white spray scatters and flies in all directions, which looks like the silver shining in the sunshine. Sometimes, visitors are lucky to see the spectacular view combined with the amazing and attractive rainbow in the waterfall sprays. There is a glossy black stone nearby the waterfall. If you break an egg on the stone, you can see that the egg is cooked several minutes later. Because of the waterfall, there are more fish in the lower river of the waterfall.
The highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour in Gyaca County. The closest airport is Lhasa Gonggar Airport about 203.1 km from Gyaca County; there are 259.3 km from Nyingchi Mainling Airport to Gyaca County. Tourist can travel by air firstly and then transfer to long-distance bus or self-driving which is the major choice.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 or 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: August to September
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some necessities for the cold weather like the hat, gloves, scarf and thick winter coat and so on.
- Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.