Nisa Puba Cave in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 尼萨普巴溶洞
English Name: Nisa Puba Cave in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zhagyab County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Nisa Puba Cave
Nisa Puba Cave（尼萨普巴溶洞）is located in Renda Village（仁达村）, Xiangdui Town（香堆镇）, Zhagyab County（察雅县）, Chamdo Prefecture（昌都市）, Tibet Autonomous Region, which is12 kilometers apart from Jiaoke Monastery（角克寺）. The cave mouth is relatively narrow with a higher position. There are glittering and translucent stalactites with strange shapes inside the cave. Folklore said that in this cave, people can see the cause and formation of hell and the world, which has a long history of culture. The cave is several kilometers long, and the main hole is empty. It takes about 2 hours to walk through the main hole. It is a pity if this cave spectacle is not recognized. The surrounding natural resources are rich, and the minerals mainly include iron ore, copper mine, lead ore and coal mine. The main tourist attractions here include Jitang Youxi Hot Spring（吉塘酉西温泉）, Yanduo Monastery（烟多寺）, Xiangdui Xiangkang Main Hall（香堆向康大殿）, and so on.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zhagyab by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zhagyab by tour bus as well.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 to 4 hours
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.
- There are inns and restaurant, where you can have a rest and a bite to eat. You can also take a picnic if you like.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.