Sangdan Daji Monastery in Zanda County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 桑丹达吉寺
English Name: Sangdan Daji Monastery in Zanda County, Ngari
Location: Located in Zanda County, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Sangdan Daji Monastery
Sangdan Daji Monastery（桑丹达吉寺）is located in Zanda County（札达县）, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region, 5 kilometers north of Jiangdang Village（江当村）, Xiangzi Township（香孜乡）. There is a cave-hall in the monastery which is 7.4 meters wide and 2 meters high. There are many complete murals inside the cave, with the figures of the guardian god of Gangdis Mountain（冈底斯山）—Jiaba Milin（加巴米林）, Sakyamuni Buddha, Amitayus Buddha（无量寿佛）, etc. It is the affiliated monastery of Toling Monastery（托林寺）and the sub-monastery of Yidi Monastery（意底寺）, which is an important place for religious activities in the northwestern border area of Zanda County.
- Travel to Zanda County, visitors would better start from Shiquan River taking a taxi for about CNY 2000 about 12 hours for convenience, but it’s too expensive.
- The Shiquan River has a shuttle bus to Zanda, which is normally start at noon every day, but less likely to cancel, the ticket price is 220 ~ 260 Yuan, which can be negotiated.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: July to September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- If you choose to travel by car, please pay attention to the road condition and drive carefully.