Sewalong Monastery in Burang County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 色瓦龙寺
English Name: Sewalong Monastery in Burang County, Ngari
Location: Located in Burang County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Sewalong Monastery
It is located in the east bank of Lake Manasarovar. On the 10th anniversary of the death of Gongjuejiuzan’s mentor, it was officially built in 1728. It was built for confessing because GanDan expel Ladakh army for killing many people.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Burang County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 to 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.