Shaqiong Village in Zayu County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 沙穷僜人文化村
English Name: Shaqiong Village in Zayu County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Zayu County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Shaqiong Village
Shaqiong Village is the main residential area of Chinese people.The people, commonly known as “Tuba”, live on the area of average about 1,000 meters above sea level in the western Tibet region and east of the Himalayas.There are more than 1,300 people in the county of Zayu county, which are distributed in the nine villages of the upper and lower Chagang Town.
The people have their own unique language, which belongs to Tibetan language family of the Han Tibetan language branch. But there is no writing system.The dress of the people is very unique: women usually wear a pair of silver loudspeakers, with beads or silver ornaments on their neck while the man had a long black pat on his head for a five or sixty centimeter-long machete.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zayu County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.