Three Towers in Gamba County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 三座经塔
English Name: Three Towers in Kamba County, Shigatse
Location: Located in Kamba County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Three Towers
On the hillside west of Nayma Monastery, there are three famous towers, the “Sun Tower”, “Shepherd Tower” and “Mufu tower”. Thses towers are filled with stones engraved with Tibetan scriptures according to Tibetan scriptures records. Every time the people of the Buddha came to the place, they would follow the three towers in a clockwise direction to express their prayers to the gods.
Tourist Services of Three Towers
Cuisine and Snack: In Kamba County, there are many delicacy snacks.
Accommodation: After you enjoy the gorgeous scenery of Three Towers, you may accommodate in the hotels if you can’t get back to Kamba County in time.
Shopping: Kamba was rich in natural forest resources, including economic plants and medicinal plants. As for the economic plants, there are many wild plantain and bananas
Kamba County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Kamba County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Kamba County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Kamba County.
- Shigatse- Kamba County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to KambaCounty.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: All seasons
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.