Tibet Mount Everest Travel Weather and Climate in October
Tibet Mount Everest Weather and Climate in October
Average Minimum Temperature (℃): -8
Average Maximum Temperature (℃): 17
Average Snowfall (mm): 2.5
When you travel to Tibet, Mount Everest is a great place to travel to in the month of October, as the weather is finer again, with clear skies for viewing the summit of the world’s highest mountain and fewer tourists at the base camp. The stunning trek from Old Tingri on the Friendship Highway to Everest Base Camp, which takes four days through some of the area’s most beautiful countryside, is a must in October, giving you some of the best views of Everest and the surrounding mountains.
What to Wear for an October Tibet Mount Everest Travel
For the temperature changes as you travel, it is best to dress in layers with a coat, trousers, a T-shirt, a sun hat and sunglasses. You can even wear shorts on some days, but you’ll still need a coat at night. Take some rain gear, and remember to take heavy winter gear and gloves up to the higher mountains. The UV radiation is intense, so have a sun hat and sunglasses.
Useful Travel Tips for your Tibet Mount Everest Travel in October
- With such a varied climate around the year, travel to EBC is something that does require careful planning in terms of making sure that your packing is right for the time of year.
- There are some medications for altitude sickness available, but you should consult your own doctor before you take them, and it is not recommended.
- Tibet Travel Permit: This permit is issued by the Tibet Tourism Bureau and is required for all international travelers heading for Tibet. You need to apply for this permit one month prior to your arrival in Tibet as this permit takes some time to get ready and you need to produce the original copy of this permit at the Airport before you board the flight.
- Oxygen levels are much lower in Tibet, so most people get altitude sickness. Cardiovascular conditions are exacerbated, so for the best experience, seek health advice before going and acclimate before exertion or going higher than Lhasa.
- Plan ahead and prearrange for tickets and accommodations in October.
- The highly recommended travel seasons of Mount Everest are from April to June, and September to December.
- Oxygen levels are much lower in Tibet, so most people get altitude sickness and cardiovascular conditions are exacerbated. For the best experience, seek health advice before going and acclimate before exertion or going higher than Lhasa.
Things to see and do at Tibet Mount Everest in October
Mt. Everest Base Camp (5,200 meters): Clear weather opens up in October at Mt. Everest. Though it is below freezing at night, it is warm and sunny enough to enjoy walking and sightseeing during the day. The average nightly low temperature is -7 °C (19 °F), and the average daily high is 12 °C (54 °F). It feels warmer in the 17,000 feet elevation, and there is about 17 mm of total precipitation in the month.