Youxi Hot Spring in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 酉西温泉
English Name: Youxi Hot Spring in Zhagyab County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zhagyab County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Youxi Hot Spring
Youxi Hot Spring（酉西温泉）is located in Changbang line（昌邦线）, Jitang Town（吉塘镇）, Zhagyab County（察雅县）, Chamdo Prefecture（昌都市）, Tibet Autonomous Region, 42 kilometers from the county seat, about 12 kilometers from the government of Jitang Town, and 74 kilometers from Chamdo Prefecture. There are several natural geothermal hot springs in this scenic area with the spring water of vary temperature, the highest water temperature about 80 ℃. The hot spring is surrounded by winding green peaks, green pines and verdant cypress and fragrant flowers, etc. together with the fog, which constitutes a fairy world free from vulgarity. The spring water is rich in many kinds of minerals. It has the function of medicine and health care, and can treat many kinds of skin diseases and rheumatism. It is an ideal scenic spot for tourism, vacationing and recuperation.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zhagyab by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zhagyab by tour bus as well.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: one day
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.
- There are inns and restaurant, where you can have a rest and a bite to eat. You can also take a picnic if you like.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.