Zhajiang Monastery in Gerze County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 扎江寺
English Name: Zhajiang Monastery in Gerze County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gerze County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Zhajiang Monastery
Located in Ngari region of western China’s Tibet Autonomous Region, Zangjiang temple is also known as Gerze Temple, which is 15 kilometers away from south of the county with an altitude of 4,580 meters above sea level.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Gerze County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.