Zhare Monastery in Nagarze County, Lhoka (Shannan)
Chinese Name: 扎热寺
English Name: Zhare Monastery in Nagarze County, Lhoka
Location: Located in Nagarze County, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Zhare Monastery
Zhare Monastery（扎热寺）is located on the mountainside of Xiangda neighborhood committee（香达居委会）, Dalong Town（达隆镇）, Nagarze County（浪卡子县）, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. The monastery which was founded by Zhare Raona（扎热饶那）sits on the east side with the height of 100 meters and an altitude of 4450 meters. It is centered with the main hall and surrounded with some other Lama domicile and warehouses in the monastery, which is built by the stones. The main hall is 6 meters long and 6 meters wide, with 4 columns. In 1958, the monastery was repaired because of the Cultural Revolution（文化大革命）during 1966 to 1976. In 1984, it stated to restore. There are many relics in the monastery now, which collects the famous Mani stone carving.
The highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour in Nagarze County. The closest airport is Gongga Airport. Tourist can also travel to Nagarze County by air firstly and then transfer to long-distance bus or self-driving which is the major choice.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 to 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: June to August
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some necessities for the cold weather like the hat, gloves, scarf and thick winter coat and so on.
- Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.