Anglong Gangri Peak in Gegyai County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 昂龙岗日峰
English Name: Anglong Gangri Peak in Gegyai County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gê’gyai County, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Anglong Gangri Peak
Anglong Gangri Peak（昂龙岗日峰）is also known as Aleng Mountain（阿棱山）, which is situated in Gê’gyai County（革吉县）, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. Anglong means the goose valley snow mountain in Tibetan language. It is 6596 meters above sea level. There are glaciers and snow cover on the mountain peak all year round. There are natural pastures at the foothill where the animals such as such as yak, cattle-yak, Asiatic wild ass, sheep and goats are grazing here.
Gegyai County highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour. The nearest airport to Gegyai County is Ngari Gunsa Airport. Tourist can travel to Ngari by air firstly and then transfer to Gegyai County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There are 110.7 km from Ngari to Gegyai County and it just spends 2.5 hours for driving.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: May to September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- If you choose to travel by car, please pay attention to the road condition and drive carefully.