Hot Springs in Zogang County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 左贡县温泉
English Name: Hot Springs in Zogang County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About the Hot Springs in Zogang County
Zogang County（左贡县）of Chamdo Prefecture（昌都）which is known as the “hometown of hot spring” in Eastern Tibet is extremely rich in hot spring resources. According to incomplete statistics, there are more than 300 hot springs with different size and functions, which are distributed with the continuous strip. The water temperature of those hot springs ranges from 30 to 70 degrees. Most of these hot springs are not far from No. 318 national highway. They are high in water temperature and high in flow. These hot springs that are rich in a variety of micronutrients and minerals are beneficial to human health.
Famous Hot Springs in Zogang County
Chengde Hot Spring（成德温泉）is located in Chengde Village（成德村）, Zhayu Town（扎玉镇）, Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture. The water temperature is constant with large water flow. The hot spring enjoys a very pleasant climate with the beautiful and natural scenery.
Xueba Hot Spring（雪巴温泉）is located Xueba Village（雪巴村）, Zhayu Town（扎玉镇）, Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, which is near Pabala Sacred Lake（帕巴拉神湖）. Here, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery while soaking in the hot spring, and listen to the local people’s detailing stories about the sacred lakes and mountains. After enjoying the hot spring bath, you can also go to the village in Zhayu Town to taste the authentic and delicious fish.
Wuya Hot Springs（乌雅温泉）is located in Wuya Village（乌雅村），Wangda Town（旺达镇）, Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture with the water temperature of 72 ℃which has the highest water temperature that can boil eggs among the hot springs of the same elevation in Tibet.
Taru Hot Spring（塔鲁温泉）is located in Taru Village（塔鲁村）, Tiantuo Town（田妥镇）, Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, which is well equipped with bath, accommodation and chess card rooms. In spring and summer, visitors can enjoy the picturesque and intoxicating scenery of the surrounding green grass.
Sarah Hot Springs（萨拉温泉）is located in the Baxue Village（坝雪村）, Dongba Town（东坝乡）, Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture. There is several natural-formed hot spring baths with the perennial water temperature between 50℃ to 60 ℃, which is the best water temperature to treat rheumatic pain.
Meiyu Hot Spring（美玉温泉）is located in Rixue Village（日雪村）, Meiyu Township（美玉乡）with 300 hot springs of different sizes. The water temperature is constant which maintains perennial between 60-70 ℃. It is one of the best places hot springs for visitors to have a vacation in summer.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zogang by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zogang County. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 to 4 days
- Traveling Seasons: spring and summer
Tips: Ten Things to Watch for Hot Springs Bathing
- When you soak in the hot spring, you must remember to pick off your metal ornaments; otherwise you will be very sad to find that your favorite jewelry has been sulfide black.
- Avoid soaking in the hot spring with empty stomach, or after meals and drink, otherwise there will be vertigo or cerebral hemorrhage.
- Choose to adapt to its own high, medium and low temperature hot spring pools, generally from low temperature to high temperature.
- You aren’t to be soaked in the hot spring long; otherwise there will be chest tightness, thirst, and dizziness and so on.
- It is best to apply moisturizing lotion immediately after soaking the hot spring to avoid any discomfort.
- Don’t take a hot spring alone to avoid an accident.
- After you soak the hot spring, you can flush it with water without the bath fluid, or you will flush out the minerals that are attached to your body when you soak in the hot spring.
- Patients with high blood pressure and heart disease should be cautious and slow when they get up from the hot spring, in case the blood vessels dilate and blood pressure drop, leading to dizziness and falling.
- Pregnant women should not take hot springs. Studies have confirmed that “high fever” can be teratogenic.
- After soaking in the hot spring, the human body’s water evaporates rapidly and needs to be replenished.