Jinling Ice Lake in Banbar County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 金岭千年冰湖
English Name: Jinling Ice Lake in Banbar County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Banbar County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Jinling Ice Lake
Jinling Ice Lake（金岭千年冰湖）is located in the west of Jinling Township（金岭乡）, Banbar County（边坝县）, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region, 95 kilometers from the city seat, which has a long history and magical legend. The thickest part of the lake is 20 meters and covers an area of about 5 square kilometers. The green trees around the ice lake in summer are evergreen, and the ice is not melt all year round, like a crystal clear sapphire set in Banbar County. The seabuckthorn forest in Jinling is also a thousand years old, along the Banks of both sides of Xiaqu River（夏曲河）. It grows naturally, stretching over ten kilometers to more than 3000 mu
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Banbar County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Banbar County. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 to 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.