Kuyu Monastery in Saga County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 库郁寺
English Name: Kuyu Monastery in Saga County, Shigatse
Location: Located in Saga County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Kuyu Monastery
Kuyu Monastery is located in the Kuyu Village of Saga County and it is a Tibetan Buddhist Monastery.
Tourist Services of Kuyu Monastery
Cuisine and Snack: In Saga County, there are many delicacy snacks.
Accommodation: After you enjoy the gorgeous scenery of Kuyu Monastery, you may accommodate in the hotels if you can’t get back to Saga County in time.
Shopping: Saga was rich in natural forest resources, including economic plants and medicinal plants. As for the economic plants, there are many wild plantain and bananas
Saga County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Saga County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Saga County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Kamba County.
- Shigatse- Saga County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Saga County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: All seasons
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.