Memar Tso Lake in Gerze County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 美马错
English Name: Memar Tso Lake in Gerze County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gerze County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Memar Tso Lake
Located in Ngari region of western China’s Tibet Autonomous Region Memar Tso Lake is located in the southern foothills of Kunlun Mountain with an altitude of 4,920 meters above sea level. Covering an area of 140.5 square kilometers, it’s cold in dry climate with an annual average temperature of – 6 ~ 4 ℃ and annual average rainfall of about 75 mm.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Gerze County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.