Tibet Mount Everest Travel Weather and Climate in March
Tibet Mount Everest Weather and Climate in March
Average Minimum Temperature (℃): -12
Average Maximum Temperature (℃): 7
Average Precipitation/Rainfall (mm): 1
Not yet spring in the area of Mount Qomolangma, when you travel to Tibet, March is a cold time of year at EBC, with extreme lows of around -12 degrees at night, making it impossible to stay overnight at the base camp. Days, however, are bright and clear, with temperatures getting as high as 7 degrees. You will still need warm clothing, though.
What to Wear for a March Tibet Mount Everest Travel
If you plan to visit EBC in March, then you should know that the wind can be bitterly cold, and frequently chaffs lips and facial skin, so it is important to take lip balm and facial moisturizer to prevent wind damage on your face. Sunglasses are also necessary, as the sun is bright and strong on the plateau, and a good hat to keep the strong UV rays of your head is also essential. And while you may not be camping, some of the guesthouses you may stay in are not like the hotels in Lhasa, so a sleeping bag will help you to stay warm.
Useful Travel Tips for your Tibet Mount Everest Travel in March
- With such a varied climate around the year, travel to EBC is something that does require careful planning in terms of making sure that your packing is right for the time of year. Always pack the necessary things for the trip, and leave behind things you may not need, as you will be restricted in weight on the flights. Spring and autumn are the best months to travel to EBC.
- There are some medications for altitude sickness available, but you should consult your own doctor before you take them, and it is not recommended.
- Tibet Travel Permit: This permit is issued by the Tibet Tourism Bureau and is required for all international travelers heading for Tibet. You need to apply for this permit one month prior to your arrival in Tibet as this permit takes some time to get ready and you need to produce the original copy of this permit at the Airport before you board the flight.
- For a good visit to Tibet you need to pack carefully, as it can be cold there at any time of the year. Make sure that you have your valid passport and Chinese Entry Visa with you at all times, and that it is kept secure or on your person at all times.
- Take a large backpack, a small bag and a waist bag is enough. Bigger backpack will be a wise option as it will be unable to keep clothes and will be easy to carry as the path is not that smooth to walk. The small bag will be usable to carry the things for daily use, such as hand towels, toiletries, etc., while the waist bag will be useful to carry some small and important things such as your passport and documents, cellphone, etc.
Things to see and do at Tibet Mount Everest in March
You can visit Lhasa, the political and religious center of the Holy Land in Tibet and enjoy world-renowned Potala Palace; Jokhang temple, built in 1300 years ago; some significant monasteries of Gelug sect, such as drepung monastery and Sera monastery; Namtso lake and Yamdrok Lake of three holy lakes; the cradle of Tibetan civilization—Shannan; and Shigatse. Of course the highlight of this tour is Mount Everest, the highest peak on the summit of the Earth.