Zhaxi Qunpei Monastery in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 扎西群培寺
English Name: Zhaxi Qunpei Monastery in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Location: Located in the Dinggyê County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Zhaxi Qunpei Monastery
Located in the county seat of Dinggyê County,115 kilometers away from the county town, Zhaxi Qunpei Monastery was built in 1384 with a history of more than 600 years and a construction area of 1,300 square meters. There is a grand hall and five small Buddhist temples in Zhaxi Qunpei Monastery with the meaning of “Father and Son”.In the six halls of the temple, there are a lot of ancient murals that can be seen in Zhaxi Qunpei Monastery, which are well preserved in ancient Tang dynasty embodying the charm of history with their primitive features.
Dinggyê County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Dinggyê County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Dinggyê County.
- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Dinggyê County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: All seasons
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.
- Pay attention to respect the Tibetan local custom in the monastery.