Namtso Lake Shopping
You can buy some souvenirs at Namtso, such as bassie, Thangka scroll paintings and etc., even though there are few shops. Besides, there are must be some stands at Namtso Scenic Area selling souvenirs, but with small variety and high prices. If you want to get more choices or want to buy some daily necessities, you are suggested to buy in Damxung County and Lhasa.
What to Buy
1. Religious Objects: Tibetan Incense sticks, the Tibetan Thangka, the Tibetan prayer wheels, Tibetan Buddhas and the prayer flags, etc.
2. Tibet Crafts: Tibetan rugs, masks, daggers and conch shell trumpets and carpets and textiles, etc.
3. Tibetan Medicines: Saffron, aweto and snow lotus, etc.
Where to Buy in Damxung County and Lhasa
1. Yutuo Road and Barkhor Street
There are many department stores in Lhasa, mostly on Yuthok Road, which supplies everyday needs or local handicrafts. Some supermarkets can be easily found in Lhasa, such as Lhasa department store and Hongyan Supermarket Chains mainly distributed in Lhasa downtown. Barkhor Street is a traditional Tibetan shopping center, where shopkeepers with small shops and stores on the street supply more traditional and fascinating Tibetan artifacts and handicrafts.
2. Jajale Shopping Supermarket当雄家家乐购物超市
Address: No.131-37, East Road of Danqu River, Damquka Town, Damxung County, Lhasa拉萨市当雄县当曲卡镇当曲河东路131-37号
3. Baiyi Supermarket百益超市
Address: East Road of Danqu River, Damxung County, Lhasa拉萨市当雄县当曲河东路