Gagong Waterfall in Nang County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 噶贡瀑布
English Name: Gagong Waterfall in Nang County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Nang County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Gagong Waterfall
Located in Nyingchi region of western China’s Tibet Autonomous Region, Gagong waterfall is 57 km away from the county, 280 kilometers away from Nyingchi Town, which Gagong waterfall drops 150 meters with 4 — 5 meters wide and the minimum flow of 0.8 cubic meters.
There are nine lakes assembled by the mountain stream. The largest one was called “ShenHu” by local people and every year there are local people walking around the “ShenHu” for about two hours.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Nang County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.