Pumo Yumtso Lake in Nagarze County, Lhoka (Shannan)
Chinese Name: 普莫雍错
English Name: Pumo Yumtso Lake in Nagarze County, Lhoka
Location: Located in Nagarze County, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Pumo Yumtso Lake
Pumo Yumtso Lake（普莫雍错）is located in the bordering area of Nagarze County（浪子县） and Lhozhag County（洛扎县）, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region which is in 28 ° 33 ‘N, 90 ° 24’ E and 210 kilometers away from Lhasa Prefecture. It covers an area of 295 square kilometers with an elevation of 5010 meters. The main vegetation around the lake Pumo Yumtso is the highland meadow. There are many migratory wetland birds and other precious animals here.
The highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour in Nagarze County. The closest airport is Gongga Airport. Tourist can also travel to Nagarze County by air firstly and then transfer to long-distance bus or self-driving which is the major choice.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 to 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: June to August
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some necessities for the cold weather like the hat, gloves, scarf and thick winter coat and so on.
- Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.