Sapu Glacier in Biru County, Nagqu
Chinese Name: 萨普冰川
English Name: Sapu Glacier
Location: Located in the east of Biru County, Nagqu
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Sapu Glacier in Biru County, Nagqu
Sapu Glacier is located in the east of Biru County, Nagqu. The highest peak of Sapu Glacier is 6556 meters, and it is one of the Bon mountain in Tibetan buddhism. Every summer, Sapu mountain is covered in snow. Mists and fog swirled about the mountain. Tourists could experienced a mysterious land here. Because of the deep valleys and inconvenient traffic, Sapu Glacier becomes an undeveloped virgin land of tourism and rarely known by people.
Visitors can take long-distance bus or choose self-driving from Biru County, Nagqu. Please pay attention to weather conditions. In the rainy season (July & August), cars often get struck in the mud and delays happen frequently.
- Traveling Hours: 2 or 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: March to October
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content
- Bring a good, broad spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF factor and a high SPF lip sunscreen to protect your lips too.
- Please stay in a safe situation when you try to enjoy the spectacular scene.